I messed up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Dam, how do yall Austin boys (you and JK) pass inspection with those windows, or even go about withou getting pulled over? I'm in TX too and afraid to do that.
Also I am tired of my Cali Lean so I will be doing the front lowering on Monday, just to let you know you can rent a sping compressor at no charge from your local O'Reillys Auto Parts or Auto Zone, its what I did.
What is and why do you need a bushing press?

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Dam, how do yall Austin boys (you and JK) pass inspection with those windows, or even go about withou getting pulled over? I'm in TX too and afraid to do that.

The tint is not really that dark. I've had double limo on my previous vehicles and wasn't bothered by cops with that either... I wouldn't do that on an large interiored vehicle though, seeing out at night is a must! But there was a time when a Tropper harassed me for having 20% after passing him at 70MPH(I wasn't speeding).

You just have to be careful... If there's a cop nearby the windows are down before five seconds pass. And if I do get pulled over, ALL windows are rolled down for the duration of the encounter.

Also I am tired of my Cali Lean so I will be doing the front lowering on Monday, just to let you know you can rent a sping compressor at no charge from your local O'Reillys Auto Parts or Auto Zone, its what I did.

Thanks! I'll have to keep that in mind... :Handshake:

What is and why do you need a bushing press?

The darn Bell Tech kit came with camber bushings which may or may not be needed. According to the instructions if the struts are used at their lowest setting(no spacers) the bushings are required for the alignment to be at or close to OEM specs. The struts yield up to a 2 inch increase or decrease in height utilizing the stock springs, but I have not heard of other kits needing these bushings? It would seem to me that all kits with 2 inch lower springs would also need this camber bushing mod... ?

I plan on using the 2 inch spindles then finding the exact 1/4 inch at which I'd like the truck to be at from that point by adjusting the strut spacers. JK's stance is NOICE!!!! :worship:

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Oh ok I got you now. I was thinking the strut thing would be Alignment kit related. I suggest you use the 2" lower spindles you metioned with the shocks on full height. After all you'd be lucky to pull a 3" front drop with 26s without alot of mods.
So back to the tint thing, is there a reason why you just did the top and bottom of it instead of the middle?

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Oh ok I got you now. I was thinking the strut thing would be Alignment kit related. I suggest you use the 2" lower spindles you metioned with the shocks on full height. After all you'd be lucky to pull a 3" front drop with 26s without alot of mods.

I've always been told "You can't do that" or "You won't be using that as a daily driver"... but I did, and do.

So back to the tint thing, is there a reason why you just did the top and bottom of it instead of the middle?

The whole windshield is tinted with 50% and there is also 5% upper and lower brow... So the brows are actually 50% plus limo. Tinting the entire windshield with limo would be CRAZY DARK... even with all windows down, I'm not about to pay that ticket or re-tinting!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Hell yeah I agree with you, that ticket would be GAY, after all I got a "BlackedOut tails" ticket for $200 that was alot of BS!

dms

Reaction score
Well lnog story short, the other day (like many of yall know) I installed the rear Pedders kit. Today I finally get around to doing the front and after removing the front left strut and compressing the spring I notice a huge mistake.
I accidentally put the Pedders 2424 coils in the rear!:Frustrated:
Yeah so that means the strut front coils were in the back, so I then had to bolt the WHOLE front strut/coil back up and then go back to the back and remove the 2424 front coils and replace them with the 2425 coils! Yeah I had no idea that I could make such a stupid mistake, I was pretty pissed.
So after fixing the mistake and installing the correct rear coils, I then had to just leave the front till Monday when I have another chance to do this stuff.
I'm only posting this because I don't want anybody making such a time costly mistake, and to let those who saw the old drop pics know that the rear sits lower than before (with the mistake 2424 coils) which makes me happy!
I'll post pics eventually......

Takes a real man with integrity to admit this!! But not big deal. Rear coils are pretty easy to replace. Thanks for sharing

mike
dms