I have a tech2, how do I tell the BCM to stop hyperflashing my LED turn signals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, are you showing me that this function is something that has to be added externally using the AutoSync?
The BCM has no facility for turning off bulb out detection natively?

Other BCM's of this same year do, so I am surprised if this is true.
Yep, they can do it. It cannot be done with GM bi-directional scan tools like the Tech-2 or MDI.

krbjmpr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Read somewhere here (TYF) that setting incomplete chassis in bcm turns off hyperflash.

Seems to work as a lot of GM van-based (3500, 4500) Class C Motorhomes have the stupid silly LED brake/tail light assembly in rear, incandescent on front, and whatever was handy on the sides.

What is even more interesting is that same chassis & year, same Cab options, etc... when doors are 'double' locked with remote one make/model will flash front signals, side marker, tail lights, clearance lights, etc. Oh, and honk horn too. But near identical floorplan on identical chassis will flash front signals, rear tail, but no other lights at all. I have not been able to find any similarities to identify disparity yet. I suspect one floorplan uses upfitter, other one doesn't.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The BT Dieselworks autosync does not turn off the hyperflash. It’s an option to have it programmed out in their custom BCM tune. It’s an add on to the Autosync module and of course has a bunch of other features in the package.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other BCM's of this same year do, so I am surprised if this is true.
No GM BCMs give this functionality to the end user. Some newer HD trucks can have the hyper flash disabled but the dealer has to call GM and request the special program and reprogram the BCM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kracker456