I have a tech2, how do I tell the BCM to stop hyperflashing my LED turn signals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniper_x

Reaction score
I searched, and maybe I missed a post, but I am trying to start doing things like programming key fobs, etc.
However, first I would like to tell the BCM I have LED taillights.

Is this information available somewhere - Ideally finding a source for all the BCM codes and tunable features would be great?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I searched, and maybe I missed a post, but I am trying to start doing things like programming key fobs, etc.
However, first I would like to tell the BCM I have LED taillights.

Is this information available somewhere - Ideally finding a source for all the BCM codes and tunable features would be great?
that is not a feature of the tech2, you need a different 3rd party device that can write it to the bcm or use resistors.

OP
OP
S

sniper_x

Reaction score
Ah, good to know.

So, I bought a VCX NANO and have everything installed and running.
It has the ability to run the newer MDI methods of programming as well.

Perhaps that is what people are using to do this?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, good to know.

So, I bought a VCX NANO and have everything installed and running.
It has the ability to run the newer MDI methods of programming as well.

Perhaps that is what people are using to do this?
no you need a 3rd party device that will write 3rd party software to the bcm such as a "autosync"

Myfirstz71

Reaction score
Please correct me if I’m wrong……….. if you change out your standard turn bulbs for LEDS doesn’t that change the load, and result in the quicker flash rate? I remember this issue on my Harley. I needed a load balancer to make it run normal.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please correct me if I’m wrong……….. if you change out your standard turn bulbs for LEDS doesn’t that change the load, and result in the quicker flash rate? I remember this issue on my Harley. I needed a load balancer to make it run normal.
correct, the resulting hyperflash is the automotive industries way of letting you know you have a burned out indicator bulb, a shorted incandescent would change the load a regular led does not re-create that load but there are some brands out there that have a resistor built into the led so you will not have this issue such as genuine Auxito

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to install resistors in those circuits, in order to slow down the flash. I left the hyperflash on mine, as I believe that the fast flash attracts more attention from other motorists, and after all, that is the purpose of the directional signals in the first place. I will note that hyperflash is illegal in some states.

OP
OP
S

sniper_x

Reaction score
Well, yes i know how to install resistors on the harnesses, but I don't want to do that.
I needed the TECH2 and GDS2/MDI features so I had to buy the VCX Nano in any case, so I was going to disable the bulb out detection feature in the BCM.

I have built many cars, and I hate modding factory harnesses with those taps and other "easy connect" things.
I was about to make a harness with marine grade connectors that allows me to remove the resistors at any time, but I wanted to try the programmatic way in the BCM first.

I need to see if the 2013 Tahoe BCM has that feature like so many other vehicles of this same year, using the same BCM.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
S

sniper_x

Reaction score

So, are you showing me that this function is something that has to be added externally using the AutoSync?
The BCM has no facility for turning off bulb out detection natively?

Other BCM's of this same year do, so I am surprised if this is true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts