I Got the Shimmy Shake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeMasters

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guy's, Lurker here for a while but have some questions.

I've got a 2015 Tahoe Lowered 2-3 ish with belltech. I cant remember exact numbers. I've always had a little shake in the front end. I've been through the tire and wheel thing. Alighnment. I kinda let it ride as it wasnt that bad and I can always find a good spot where it won't Vibrate. Now I'm at the point where my teeth are going to fall out. It has 140k on it so I'm going to replace all steering and a arm parts. then I will hit this thing hard and figure out the shake. Anything I should look for while I'm tearing into it? Should I be doing Tubular control arms? Stock fine?

My list of parts to replace include

Inner/Outer tie rods
Upper and lower Ball joints
Upper and Lower A Arm bushings
Sway bar bushings

Thanks for the insight.

OP
OP
DeMasters

DeMasters

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I crawled underneath tonight. All a arms and rod ends look good. BUTT, one rod end jam nut was loose and had moved. So I tightened her up and took it for a drive. Its back to the normal vibration it’s had from day one.

So I’ll replace the inner and outer tie rods and have it re aligned. This time it won’t be going to Les Schwab. They had it three times and now I find loose parts.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.