Hypertech with Scan Cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wtrjock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am in the queue to get a scan cable tune. I currently have a Hypertech Power Programmer tune due to a lift and different gearing.

Should I turn off the Hypertech Tune before starting the Scan Cable tune?

Thanks,

Travis

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Better if you do, but we can work around it if needed.

Sent from an ice cream sammich.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Travis is super excited to see that cable tune come in the mail and get his tune done, now just gotta talk him into getting the 92 octane tune to make his truck come alive!!

Cmon Travis, you know you truck is begging for the power, make it happy!! hahaha

OP
OP
W

wtrjock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will try to run the truck with out it. Only should affect my speedo and maybe ABS.

I might consider 92 for a while to see what the difference is. I only get 8 mpg, extra $10 every fill up might not be worth the extra power. I really don't have a power issue. Mostly a cooling issue right now.

Does BB have a tune switcher? I had a APR chip in my old S4 that I could switch the tune to different levels when needed. That was nice. I could see where I would want more power when towing, but better economy when not towing.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The way these PCMs are set up, you can't have separate tunes, but if you have tow/haul we can change that up a bit for you.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way these PCMs are set up, you can't have separate tunes, but if you have tow/haul we can change that up a bit for you.

Autocal would allow for multiple tunes to be stored on it and be used kinda like a handheld where you could change between them, right?

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question when I get mine can I have a performance tune then when I hit the tow/haul button make the truck go nuts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo