Hydroboost coversion problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SparxXx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did a hydroboost conversion and having a few issues. If anyone has an idea I would greatly appreciate it.

I did the conversion and also added the larger 08 calipers, new stainless brake lines, and hoses. Last week I was driving up a mountain pass and started hearing the pump whine in the turns. Now at a full stop the steering wheel will not turn left or right.
The hydroboost was purchased at the local bone yard and the hoses and the hydroboost power steering pump was purchased brand new at autozone.
Any ideas before I replace both the pump and boost unit?

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I did a hydroboost conversion and having a few issues. If anyone has an idea I would greatly appreciate it.

I did the conversion and also added the larger 08 calipers, new stainless brake lines, and hoses. Last week I was driving up a mountain pass and started hearing the pump whine in the turns. Now at a full stop the steering wheel will not turn left or right.
The hydroboost was purchased at the local bone yard and the hoses and the hydroboost power steering pump was purchased brand new at autozone.
Any ideas before I replace both the pump and boost unit?
Did the whine start after the conversion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts