Hybrid Warranty running out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miraclesanitation

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2008 Yukon Hybrid , The warranty runs out shortly on the Hybrid portion of the truck. The truck seems to be running fine but should I be taking it back to the dealership and having them run any sort of diagnostics on it to tell for sure? I would hate for smoothing to happen a few months after . Has anyone had Hybrid issue's after the 8 years?

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His is a 2008. Like yours.

His last question was "has anyone experienced issues after the 8 years?". My point was simply that nobody has owned one longer than the 8 years....

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
its 2015, chances are he could have bought it in 2007. Maybe not a full 8 years but thats getting a little too technical.

OP
OP
M

miraclesanitation

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hybrid warranty

Ha.. sorry , I guess I should have asked has anyone had any Hybrid issue's at all? (any year)

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ours is a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid and it hit 100,400 last week. I did not know it and when I was at the dealership yesterday getting my 2011 Silverado's oil and filter changed I asked about a warranty thinking the 2008 was still under 100,000. The quote was from $6,000 to $7,000 for 48,000 miles or 4 years depending on the coverage I wanted. I passed on it. We have never had a hybrid issue, only a couple with the gas engine. We plan to keep ours till it dies (or I do) and then reconstitute the hybrid battery. The question I have is.....can you still run it, if the hybrid part is gone, on the gas engine?

Ogediah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My understanding is that the vehicle won't run without the hybrid battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10