Hybrid Tahoe with Flowmaster Exhaust kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sup Gary,

I guess talking to just little 'ol me on greenhybrid wasn't enough?
That hurtz my feeling. :(

Welcome to TYF. :Handshake:

Laing37

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
was this exhaust kit for the hybrid? does it mess with any of the hybrid stuff? and does it make alot of check engine type lights come on all the time? really been wanting to do exhaust to the hoe but heard that the only way to do it with out mesing a bunch of stuff up was stupid expensive, this true?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the long term affects are on a hybrid of changing the entire exhaust system ... it's likely none but can't know for sure unless we hear from someone who's tried it.

I just remove the resonator and added a tip on mine, and that was loud enough for me:

[yt]f3M8vognkQk[/yt]

This was the tip: http://store.hybridcars.com/Exhaust-Tip-Chevy-Tahoe-GMC-Yukon-p/20111.htm

This is what it looked like on the truck:

1549c0ca.jpg

OP
OP
T

Twinturbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No issues so far, I believe its been a year now. I love it.

This was a kit from Flowmaster. Easy install, just need so saw off old pipes. Bolts right up with lots of adjust-ability.

I currently average 24-25mpg of 90% freeway use.

was this exhaust kit for the hybrid? does it mess with any of the hybrid stuff? and does it make alot of check engine type lights come on all the time? really been wanting to do exhaust to the hoe but heard that the only way to do it with out mesing a bunch of stuff up was stupid expensive, this true?

Last edited:

Denton

Full Access Member
Reaction score

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics of what precisely ... of the whole truck or of the tips?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMC GUy