HVAC / Tech2 help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darren Gese

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’m hoping someone smarter than me can help me figure out what’s going on with my HVAC. 2006 Yukon Denali.

The driver side has a strange problem. While on upper vents it will gradually get colder until there is no heat at all coming out. The passenger side stays constant. If I turn the temp up it will give full heat again. Any setting under 80 and it slowly loses heat. Foot and defrost settings seem to work fine and maintain temp.(I think)

I replaced the actuator as well as the control unit with brand new OEM last year (ridiculously expensive).

I hooked up the Tech2 while driving today to see what the system was doing and it didn’t clear anything up. I’ll try to include the pictures here. It shows all the duct temp sensors where they should be except the LH duct. The reading there is way higher (colder) than desired. To me this confirms that the controller knows cold air is coming out. Under the same conditions it shows all the door positions in their command positions.

I am totally lost. If it knows the wrong temperature is being output why would it not adjust the blend door accordingly?

If anyone can provide any insight I’d greatly appreciate it! Hopefully this is legible and makes sense, I’ve never posted before and am trying to do it on my phone.
AE91D0EF-5690-45CC-92D9-E03679F9B95A.jpeg C927DA72-B6FB-4306-B7D9-E6F429B376B2.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts