Huge hesitation, mechanically inclined. Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Brian Wilson

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I see it is a knock sensor code. It must be because of the outrageous piston slap that plagues every 6.2. I knew something was messing with my timing. I'm already glad I got the autcoal because I threw the code when I was doing my 'spirited driving' to send to blackbear. Now the question, what do I do now? I know I have bad piston slap. I have a 6.2 with 230k miles waiting for rebuild on a stand. Should I replace the sensor (s) or ask for them to be tuned out?

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure if you ask blackbear for their recommendation they will be more than helpful. They also have a ton of experience with these types of issues.

OP
OP
Brian Wilson

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by soooo many people that these engines were equipped from knock from the factory. And that it would never effect the longevity of this wonderful engine.

OP
OP
Brian Wilson

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now realize that all these people were GM employees and trying to sell a car.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what exactly you're complaining about. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

OP
OP
Brian Wilson

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, there are only a few things that can pull timing like I measured. And I missed it. I'm pissed at myself for missing such obvious crap and bothering a great community. I feel like a noob.

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm you seem to have "access" to some pretty high tech gear??

On the "Brakes" ... The knock off "Mighty Brake" from "Harbor Freight" 39.00 bucks would get you through this ... but "apparently" it's a "POC" and will break after a few uses.

The "Knock Sensors" issue?? That's interesting?? Most likely it's just incidental to the issues your having?? I don't know how it works on theses engines ... but in general ... if you add a "knock Sensor" monitor to an engine you have to "calibrate" the sensor to the background noise of the motor.

It could be that you have a bad Knock Sensor "also??" Might be worth further investigation on the sensor??

OP
OP
Brian Wilson

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's cheap and easy to get to. I'm going to change them out and yes the snap on tool has a calibration feature for them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts