HP Numbers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skbishop90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering on the horsepower numbers some of the members here are pushing on their "daily drivers". I know some have blowers, cam, and turbos. I wish I could afford that but I've done the basic bolt ons and Im curious on what people are running in their rides.

Also, what kind of numbers should I see with my current set up with a tune? I had it tuned by a local tune shop and to be honest, Im really not impressed. Black Bear tunes have been highly recommended but I stayed away just bc I wanted to stay local. Maybe I should reconsider in the future based on the answer to this question. See my signature for current mods.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good question. Probably hard to come by though, not many people dyno these trucks for bolt on's. Usually more serious upgrades are done to warrant a dyno run.

As for the local to a BB tune, not sure you'll see a big difference unless the local tune you got sucks, which may very well be. I am happy with my BB tune, and I will just plan performance upgrades around their local tune dates. They come to this area usually twice a year so not a big problem for me to get it retuned.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swap in some ngk tr6 4177 plugs, do a oil change and install a aem uego wideband 02, then go back to the tuner.
Tell Him his last tune was for sissys, and this time to push it.

Deephaven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the 7's and climbing here....but I cheated and used a Whipple.

jough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gearing is almost always the correct answer when performance and larger tires are involved. However, it is not cheap, especially if 4WD. If 33" tires, then 4.10. If 35" tires, then 4.56.

OP
OP
skbishop90

skbishop90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my dyno sheet

Attachments

• image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 34

Forum statistics