How to replace your fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the fact that you point out that there will be "fuel everywhere". I think I'm just going to change mine now and get it over with. I wont pay 800.00 either. Let's see, a 12 pack is what, 5 bucks. wow that's alot of beer!! I sure miss going to Champion Auto and buying a mechanical pump for 25 bucks.

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the difference is between the fuel pump (complete unit) for a 2dr and a 4dr? No one seems to have the 2dr pump assemblies in stock, wonder how different they are...

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the depth of the internal units ... the rest is more then likley the same.

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably so, guess I'll just have to wait for the parts to come in...

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulls yours out and go down to the parts store and see about comparing them side to side ... or you can just replace the pump part.

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks SO much for this thread, I replaced mine today. All the info I needed was right here. The only issue I ran into was that the 2dr's had a different pump than the 4dr's and I had to order the pump and the sending unit/ floater separately. Having never done this before I didn't know how to put the two together and read four pages of mind numbing instructions just to learn to put the pump in with two hose clamps and attach the harness...sheeez

Love this forum!

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
cool too bad im jus payin about 150 for the fuelpump and instal... and a little more for a new floater

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd mention that a couple of weeks after what was thought to be a successful installation my truck started to stall out. I took it to a friend of mine who looked at it and advised that the hoses that come with these kits are almost always too short, he replaced the hose and it worked great. Happy tinkering ya'll!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC