How to remove headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, im trying to install my hids for my 07 tahoe...A friend of mine told me i have to remove the front bumper to access it? Is this true? Thanks for any imput.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
From what I've heard the Yukon's and Tahoe's are the same for this mod... I removed the bolts that are holding the housing in place on top, and also removed the grille's center mounting bolts(to allow for additional room when removing the housings). I then removed the inner fenderwell front bolts and/or fasteners to allow access to the headlight housing's lower bolt. Once these were all out the housing was carefully removed using care to prevent chipping the paint. Mine have to be popped out of their snapped in, seated position. Once this is taken care of I can remove the housing by rotating it in a circular motion from the inner lower corner outward (clockwise on driver side, counter-clockwise on passenger side).

Personally, I left the lower bolt out to facilitate future removals... eliminating this step.

Last edited:

yolo

MarkBarbee.com
Reaction score
so i have to take my inner fender out to remove my headlights? does anyone have a step by step to remove the head lights?

OP
OP
T

tahoe26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, ill try that when they come in! Alot easier than removing the bumper

yolo

MarkBarbee.com
Reaction score
looks very time consuming. why couldnt the NBS lights come out like the classic body style? ERRRRRRR!:emotions122:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I have a write up about this in the Tech section....

Yukon Ron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the link on the removal, definitely not quick release like my 01 Yukon. This is the first negative I have found in my wifes new tahoe.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
I just replaced my bulbs last sunday and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Modded's how-to is a big help. Its just more of an annoyance than anything. I just needed a #10 and #7 socket and was good. Good luck man!

yerpderp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What about the two bulbs on the bottom of the assembly? Daytime driving and the amber bulb beside it. Anyone have wiring issues with these? Sorry...I used this thread to access these bulbs. Changed them and the driver side daytime light still isn't working. Passenger amber bulb isn't either.

2009 Tahoe (xfe)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA