How to keep the radio on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are awesome, thanks much. I knew it had to be possible somehow. @WalleyeMikeIII for the win though. Great find.
So ya just gonna throw 2 spare c-cells and a portable radio in the truck? Or risk it w/ a low battery after the show? Minimum, I’d throw in a jump pack in the back, just in case.

P.S. I recommend downloading your owners manual, that way it’s searchable as a PDF and it makes finding these things easy!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have an aftermarket system with any power amplification, it will run down your battery quite quickly. You may want to bring along one of those starter battery bricks, just in case.

OP
OP
Eusibius2

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have an aftermarket system with any power amplification, it will run down your battery quite quickly. You may want to bring along one of those starter battery bricks, just in case.
Nope, just stock. Didn't have any problems with my 04 Tahoe, so hoping I don't with my 22 either. But definitely understand the concerns, gonna play around with it for a while first.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like an easy question, but I'm contemplating going to a drive in movie theater this spring. But.... The radio turns off automatically after 10 minutes or so without running the engine. And.. at a drive in, I don't want to be THAT guy who's car headlights or taillights keep coming on during the movie bc I restarted my engine.

So... Anyone know how to keep the radio on, for say 2hrs? Thanks in advance!
I had the same problem. I love going to Drive-ins. I took my vehicle to the dealer, they changed the timer from 20 minutes to 2 hours. The oversized battery for engine Stop-Start (that most people permanently disable) can easily handle playing your radio for 8 hours minimum. If your dealer doesn't know how to do it, go to another dealer.

CarpeDM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey y’all just subscribed and came across this thread. While, the vehicle is on you can press the “dome over ride” button 4x and it will turn off your lights so you don’t have to worry about being that one guy. And just do the same thing again to turn them back on. Hope this helps

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, it should be one of those push in buttons that let you adjust the dimmer. on the left near the headlight knob you should see it. it'll say dome light off right above it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019