How to keep the radio on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like an easy question, but I'm contemplating going to a drive in movie theater this spring. But.... The radio turns off automatically after 10 minutes or so without running the engine. And.. at a drive in, I don't want to be THAT guy who's car headlights or taillights keep coming on during the movie bc I restarted my engine.

So... Anyone know how to keep the radio on, for say 2hrs? Thanks in advance!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like an easy question, but I'm contemplating going to a drive in movie theater this spring. But.... The radio turns off automatically after 10 minutes or so without running the engine. And.. at a drive in, I don't want to be THAT guy who's car headlights or taillights keep coming on during the movie bc I restarted my engine.

So... Anyone know how to keep the radio on, for say 2hrs? Thanks in advance!
should be able to just press and hold the start button without your foot on the brake, keep holding it until you see a message on the dic that may say something like service mode and it should then stay on until you press the start button again. that's my best guess anyway

mplunk

Reaction score
should be able to just press and hold the start button without your foot on the brake, keep holding it until you see a message on the dic that may say something like service mode and it should then stay on until you press the start button again. that's my best guess anyway
Just press the start button without your foot on the brake (no hold required) is the equivalent of turning the key to accessory mode on older vehicles. I've done drive in movies this way in the past.

OP
OP
Eusibius2

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just press the start button without your foot on the brake (no hold required) is the equivalent of turning the key to accessory mode on older vehicles. I've done drive in movies this way in the past.

Doesn't that only last for a short period of time though?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't that only last for a short period of time though?
if it say's "service mode" as far as I know it stays on until you kill the battery, but I could be wrong, if it does go off press it again.
I would just go out and try it and see how it long stays on while cleaning it out or something, experiment a bit

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pressing the start button w/o brake = Accessory Mode

Pressing and holding the start button for ~6 sec w/o brake = Ignition On

There's a lot of things that turn on when your Ignition is on - I wouldn't recommend going to that mode if you're going to sit for 2 hours - you'll likely drain the battery in that time. As far as Accessory mode, I know it will time out when it's in RAP mode (Retained Accessory Power) after you turn off the ignition and before you open a door, but does it also time out if you turn on Accessory mode from being off? Another consideration is that you can turn on the rig and then rotate the headlight knob counter-clockwise past AUTO and it will turn off all the exterior lights - that way you won't be "THAT guy."

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*FLASH BACK* Havent been to a drive in for MANY years. I know in Blue Ridge they still have one; but yet to visit. Last drive in I went to...well not went to; but rather climbed onto a church roof to catch a movie w/my radio in AM mode. Much to my surprise after the movie I was watching ended, a pr0n movie started. Mind you this was back around 1985ish...didnt know Snow White got down like that with the 7 dwarfs bahahaha!

OP
OP
Eusibius2

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*FLASH BACK* Havent been to a drive in for MANY years. I know in Blue Ridge they still have one; but yet to visit. Last drive in I went to...well not went to; but rather climbed onto a church roof to catch a movie w/my radio in AM mode. Much to my surprise after the movie I was watching ended, a pr0n movie started. Mind you this was back around 1985ish...didnt know Snow White got down like that with the 7 dwarfs bahahaha!

As funny as it was, the one by me used to do the same thing as well. When my parents took us, we never understood until years later why they always booked outta there after the last show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10