How to install outside door handles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea... like Nick said it isn't to hard. The hardest part is probably figuring how to get the door panel off. Once you figure out the first one, the rest are cake. I did mine, but its been so long, that I forget exactly where all the bolts/screws that hold the panel are located.

I think the only one that stumped me was the one behind the part that you pull on... but other than that the rest are in common places.

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, I just wished I had a write up before I go pulling on the door panel and end up breaking tabs because I for a hidden screw or bolt.

mdtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine but it was around Christmas so I can not remember for sure. Did you get GM handles? If you did they come with instructions with pictures. If not I have my instructions at work if you PM me a fax number I will send them to you.

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine but it was around Christmas so I can not remember for sure. Did you get GM handles? If you did they come with instructions with pictures. If not I have my instructions at work if you PM me a fax number I will send them to you.

Sent you a PM with my fax number. Thanks for your help and look forward to getting those directions as I know it will help me out tremedously!:Handshake:

Thanks,
DwDrummer

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
change your sig since you "have" one and you wont break the tabs as you unscrew the bolts your kno if some are left cause it wont move no where i think there is about 5 bolts if im not mistaken when i get bac to my trucc i'll tell you for sure!!

mdtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have faxed him the instructions that were included with my handle when I got them from the dealer. If someone here can scan them and put them on the site let us know and we will get them to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmedsz