How To: Denali Grille Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomassyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just did this and thanks so much for the write-up, it was very helpful. The tip on loosening the side brackets is a great one!

One thing I'll add: You actually don't have to remove the outside perimeter grille piece. You really just need to swap out the black plastic and the center grille section. The benefit of this is that you do not need to remove the two rivets in the upper corners. All you need to do is to remove the Phillips screws around the bottom and sides and then release the clips at the top and the center section will come out. The downside of this method is that you won't be replacing the outer bezel, so only do this if your current grille is in equal condition to the one you are replacing. Here's what it looks like with only the center section removed:View attachment 230023

Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm trying to avoid messing with that bumper cover. For this approach of leaving the bezel and just removing the phillips head screws and releasing the clips - could this be done above and below without removing the bumper cover? Right angle screwdriver.

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm trying to avoid messing with that bumper cover. For this approach of leaving the bezel and just removing the phillips head screws and releasing the clips - could this be done above and below without removing the bumper cover? Right angle screwdriver.

This is a great question. I'm thinking there probably isn't enough room to work between the radiator flaps and the grill. Easiest way to check is to remove the top core support plastic cover and see if you can get access from the top. The bumper bar would definitely block access from the bottom. It's really not very hard to just remove the bumper cover.

Cottonseed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody out there make a brushed steel grill and fog surrounds similar to the detail on the 21 Yukons? Looks great on those trucks. Love the silver/brushed aluminum but not chrome look.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on bumper cover tabs on the top edges. Ended up fixing a few that broke with fiber-glass tape. Not sure it was even need though as the single splash shield screw probably would hold them together as is. I'll be taking it off again if the morimotos ever ship. What are your thoughts on taping the upper bumper cover side seems and using a pry-tool to wedge the bumper cover down while pulling out the sides? May give that a shot on the next go. Here's how mine turned out. Have a stock 15 chrome denali grill in good shape if anyone's interested.

InkedPXL_20210424_184242154_LI.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17