How to change your brakes on your 2007 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krcossin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
llllljrlllll, I appreciate your pictorial instructional how to, however please remove/replace "Drum" with "Rotor", thanks good job we need more of these threads. Actually I would like to see a thread just for HOW TO's.

OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
llllljrlllll, I appreciate your pictorial instructional how to, however please remove/replace "Drum" with "Rotor", thanks good job we need more of these threads. Actually I would like to see a thread just for HOW TO's.

That is some funny s#*t, 3,748 people have seen this thread, and nobody has said anything, even I, who re-read this plenty of times before posting. I didn't catch it. Good eye. And to top it all off, it was your first post on this forum. Man that must of bugged you alot. :Handshake:

Steedog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this post. I have never done this BUT I feel like I can knock this out!

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
For 2007-2009 Tahoes, etc-

Discard front rotors at:

1.437" for RPO code JH6
1.083" for RPO code JD9

Discard rear rotors at:

1.083" for RPO JH6
0.709" for RPO JD9

If you need help finding your RPO codes use this link: http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

Torques specs for caliper bolts are:
front caliper to bracket: 74 ft-lb
front caliper to knuckle: 148 ft-lb
rear caliper to bracket: 28 ft-lb
rear caliper to knuckle: 148 ft-lb

For the Tahoes, Yukons, etc that have rear brake pads the part number is 1194, ceramic is the OE material. Parking brake shoes are 781.

Lug nut torque is 100 ft-lb.

Last edited:

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I read into that thread a few months ago when I was looking at buying a GMT-800 Tahoe Z71. I was definitely going to do it, until I ended up with a GMT-900. I might still do it now that I've done some cross examination and discovered that the part numbers are completely different between mine (15904195) and the PPV/SSV calipers (19176793). It's an interesting find. My big concern is why are the OE calipers for non-PPV/SSV GMT-900 trucks more expensive than the PPV/SSV (~$30 difference each)?

Last edited:

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You had many many miles left on the pads. Why change so early? Were old ones noisy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10