How-to: Change the color of your 00-02 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nachigh2010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What size are the twist lock bases that you used because I went to pick some up and the parrts store had multiple sizes.

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size are the twist lock bases that you used because I went to pick some up and the parrts store had multiple sizes.

I just got some for a 194 bulb. I ordered mine off Ebay. Advance auto parts had them, but wanted $3 a piece for them. I found a guy selling a set of 6 on ebay for 3 bucks shipped. They were from China and took forever to get here, but I was in no rush.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am so about to do this, what is the cost to do everthing?

DO IT... I love mine. I had scottyboy do mine and im glad i did. I did all of mine though, cluster, switches everything...

Going to post up thread when i get the chance for some pics.

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DO IT... I love mine. I had scottyboy do mine and im glad i did. I did all of mine though, cluster, switches everything...

Going to post up thread when i get the chance for some pics.

Yeah, the 00-02 cluster have replaceable bulbs that you can change yourself if you want to. Thats what this thread showzs you how to do. But the 03-06 Clusters have the bulbs soldered to the board inside the cluster. The cluster has to be disassembled to unsolder the factory bulbs and solder in some LEDs. If anyone wants one done, PM me and I can hok you up like I did Mike. :Handshake: I can convert any switch on a NBS 00-06 to LEDs if you want.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the 00-02 cluster have replaceable bulbs that you can change yourself if you want to. Thats what this thread showzs you how to do. But the 03-06 Clusters have the bulbs soldered to the board inside the cluster. The cluster has to be disassembled to unsolder the factory bulbs and solder in some LEDs. If anyone wants one done, PM me and I can hok you up like I did Mike. :Handshake: I can convert any switch on a NBS 00-06 to LEDs if you want.

And if you would like pics, i do have some saved, just not the best right now, just pm me. Or look forward to my thread about them all. Looks killer at nite.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Mike wanna help me? oh and what am I looking at cost wise to do it all? A/C door and window controls too?

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike wanna help me? oh and what am I looking at cost wise to do it all? A/C door and window controls too?

Pm scotty boy about it, since you live here, they will be to him next day. Should be, but hit me up and i'll show you mine. MUCH better than pictures..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnimalMother