How To: Body Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all new here. What do you do about the bumpers? How does the hood/gate not hit the bumpers??? Thanks!

OP
OP
M

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all new here. What do you do about the bumpers? How does the hood/gate not hit the bumpers??? Thanks!

It just tightens up the clearances. It doesn't hinder the tailgate from opening.

Last edited:

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score
Need some help with part numbers please

Thanks for putting together this great writeup. I am very anxious to do this myself. I'm still trying to nail down the right parts to buy to do this but I'm having some trouble and I was hoping you can point me in the right direction.

You identify the part number of the 12 of the s10 Retainers (p/n 29-0812 from LMC Truck), so I've got that covered. I've tried finding the right body mount part from LMC Truck but I'm confused by what I can find. LMC Truck has the following three body mount part numbers on LMC Truck for an s10 blazer:

29-1500 "cab to frame mounting kit"
29-1504 "upper cushion & spacer"
30-2021 "upper cushion-mount"

I'm not sure which one of the above is the right one to use. However, you mention that you bought the body mounts from amazon. Do you know exactly which part/kit you bought from Amazon?

You also recommended buy two M12x1.75 bolts at 80mm in length for the core support. You also mention buying more shorter M12x1.75 bolts, but how many and what length(s) did you end up using besides the 80mm?

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got all the retainers from the junkyard, easier than cutting them, which is not that bad just work.
Also got all bolts

Last edited:

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score
I got all the retainers from the junkyard, easier than cutting them, which is not that bad just work.
Also got all bolts

Let's say I'm lazy and I cut my retainers to fit the S10 mounts. Do you know if the the retainers will work if I switch back to the tahoe mounts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons