How many miles have your Tahoe put down in the road?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenverDadofTwins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When my daughter's water pump started going out, there was no sound... I think you are firing the parts cannon prematurely. You might want to stick your head in the engine bay and trouble shoot a bit more. My understanding is that if the water pump is on the way out, it starts castinging off coolant via the weep hole. So unless you have a coolant leak, it probably is not the water pump.

Good to know. I figure I might as well since it'll only cost me a couple hundred bucks and a few hours of my time. Troubleshooting and preventive maintenance in one! But I'll probably change my mind and stick the mechanics stethoscope on stuff again

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just impressed your gear indicator is still working lmao
It wasn't completely out, but it was getting pretty dim. A few years ago I did the repair of resoldering all of the resistors on the cluster circuit board that are part of the display circuit. GM had a problem back then with their solder joints not holding up very well.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wasn't completely out, but it was getting pretty dim. A few years ago I did the repair of resoldering all of the resistors on the cluster circuit board that are part of the display circuit. GM had a problem back then with their solder joints not holding up very well.

Yep, I keep telling myself one of these days I'll yank my cluster out and give it a shot but have been lazy. Congrats on hitting 200k! I'm knocking on the door of 220k and still love everything about the truck (which I bought new in February 2006).

Last edited:

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I keep telling myself one of these days I'll yank my cluster out and give it a shot but have been lazy. Congrats on hitting 200k! I'm knocking on 220k and still love everything about the truck (which I bought new in February 2006).
Yeah, it's been a great truck. Bought it new Memorial Day 2005. The drive train is all original, just the usual maintenance. Body, interior and chassis are all in great shape and everything works like it should. I see no reason why it shouldn't go another 200k.

upload_2020-10-9_13-22-55.png IMG_20201009_131326011.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700