How do you remove the running boards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you don't want to be looking at the frame and tranny case or whatever you can see under the truck without something these.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might just take one side off to see how it looks!:D I agree Kirk alot of Tahoe with the running boards taken off look retarded but some look really good.

post pics.. btw be careful i busted my ass a few times till i got adjusted to them not being there lol

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
HAHA waking this thread up!...i wanted to see how it will look with my lowered yukon, but then again i think it will look ugly as its too big of a car...my buddys TBSS dont look bad without them but i think this is too big!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
HAHA waking this thread up!...i wanted to see how it will look with my lowered yukon, but then again i think it will look ugly as its too big of a car...my buddys TBSS dont look bad without them but i think this is too big!

here. I got rid of mine and installed Street scene side skirts

picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
They look pretty decent...sorta like a big TBSS...how much did those run you? gotta paint them as well correct

TahoeGame

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Heres mine with no running boards.

Attachments

• IMG_2143[1].jpg
    IMG_2143[1].jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2108[1].jpg
    IMG_2108[1].jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 90

JohnC

Reaction score
here. I got rid of mine and installed Street scene side skirts

Those look pretty good on there, Ian.:thumbsup: I do think it looks like something is missing when there is nothing below the door's edge...

Are there any other companies that make something like these???

Maybe one that looks like the power assist steps, but stationary obviously.

Thanks.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed the running boards and nerf bars from and 01 Yukon and 05 Tahoe this weekend. For anyone who run across this thread in the future here's what you need to know:

05 Tahoe: Easy, no instruction needed climb under there and unbolt

01 Yukon: Clear your afternoon plans.. You'll be working with 16 or so brackets, T40 star bolts, 10mm nuts/bolts and HVAC hoses and clamps. If you wanna see what it looks like without running boards first -> start with the drivers side as there's no HVAC to work with. Locate all of the T40 star bolts and carefully remove without stripping (if possible). If you strip any of the star bolts you'll be removing the 10mm nut/bolt combo between the running board and body. 1-10mm bolt on each side of the truck appeared to have been rounded (stripped) from factory as these were the last to touch these bolts. This involved having to drill through the fiberglass of the running board (around the bolt) in order to release the running board and shear the bolt. As for the HVAC hoses on the passenger side. The plastic hose clamps securing the hoses to the inside of the body are 'snap' apart from the middle of the clamp. Using a pliers, you can slide the tip of the pliers into the small holes on each side of the bracket and pry them open from the middle. Wear safety glasses and preferably keep your mouth closed, preparing from sand, small rocks and whatever else has collected behind these hoses. Good luck. On these older models it does look pretty clean without the runners.
Yukon.jpg Yukon2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo