How do I know if I have a 2015i?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a used 2015 Tahoe (LT) last week and noticed people here talking about the 2015i and how it's better. How do I know if that's what I have?

OP
OP
Danger

Danger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Damn. I don't have that. Wish I would have known about the 15i before pulling the trigger on this one. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 I suppose.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry too much about it. Unless you have a phone that has wireless charging capability built in it works intermittently at best.
The hands free tailgate won't open if it put my leg under but it will close on me while I load my dog without fail. A lot of people want to turn it off but you can't.

Oh I forgot. If you don't have a phone with the qi tech built in, you have to buy a case until you find one that works. Intermittently

Last edited:
OP
OP
Danger

Danger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haha well that makes me feel a little better, thanks.

RikMN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2015 Yukon SLT and I am trying to determine 2 things first if I have the i or d, I have the wireless charging and the MFG date is 11/14. Second I am trying to figure out if I have the hands free lift gate and it is not working or if it did not come with it any advice would be appreciated. I have spoken to a few GMC dealers and they do not see to know what i am asking and all the info I can find talks about the Tahoe LT nothing about the Yukon SLT mid year update.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure your lift gate is operational and open the liftgate and stand with your leg in the center lean in. If the truck tries to eat you. You got it.

chartersj

Reaction score
So that is the only two differences between the early and later 2015's?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRSB16

Latest posts