How do I find out if my compressor is working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I just bought and had installed a new air compressor for the airride, but I have yet to hear it come on. It may simply have not been needed yet, as I haven't run any heavy loads or anything that would significantly depress the shocks, but before my old one fizzled out it would come on at least briefly at start-up.

Is there any way to test it to see if it's working short of throwing a ton of weight in the back?

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
Is there no way to "airdown" the airride? There should be lol

wade

Reaction score
it should come at start. mine does. when i sit on the rear bumper, it comes on, and i weigh 170lbs

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll have to enlist some volunteers to stand on my bumper. I can tell you that it does not come on automatically at start, but I also have brand-new shocks in there that I'm assuming are inflated and not leaking, so it may not have a reason to turn on. I dunno. Guess I'll just have to experiment with people standing on it....lol.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but I also have brand-new shocks in there that I'm assuming are inflated and not leaking, so it may not have a reason to turn on. I dunno.

Still would turn on for 3-4 seconds...

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Probably not working, then.

Just spent way more then I wanted to fix the suspension, they better get it right.

Dammit. I don't want to make another trip to the shop. At least I shouldn't have to pay anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9

Latest posts