Hot Air coming from Vents with no A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photios

Reaction score
I'm trying to bring cool ambient air through my vents (upper) without the A/C being on. All I get is very warm air, even though the ambient temperature is much cooler than the inside of my car. What is more strange is that if I switch to the lower vents or defrost, cool air comes out. I have my temperature set to 60 in the Tahoe, both driver and passenger sides. Anyone else have this problem? Do I have to run the A/C all the time, just to get "cooler" are inside?

I searched the internet, and there are corvette owners who are having the same issue. If anyone has a good suggestion, i'm all ears!!!

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several threads here, I have had mine checked by the dealer 3 times and each time they say it's normal. If it's normal than GM needs to outsource there climate control. It's not a problem when it's either cold or hot out but on a moderate day you either have to sweat with the system off but throwing hot air or turn the ac on and freeze.

YukonMex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found that a solution is to set a/c to recirculate and then turn off the a/c

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have discovered this issue.
I typically keep my auto temp control around 74.
With the air controls turned off it seems to vent engine compartment air.

I lowered the temp to 70 degrees and now the 'vented' air is cooler for whatever reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter72