Home Made Intake Tube Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stockfornow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blame it on the economy or the fact that I tend to like to do things myself, I decided to build my own intake tube. It has worked well for my LT1 Buick Roadmaster.

Build List:
1 - 2 foot of 3" PVC Pipe
1 - 90 degree elbow
1 - 45 degree elbow
2 - Couplers
1 - Spectre Filter

Pictures to follow. Hopefully this works!

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
awesome thread. im gonna move this to the tech section so others can see how it's built.

OP
OP
S

Stockfornow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a mock up of what I hope to accomplish (Straight tube still needs to be cut down to size). This will either be painted black or matched to my truck.

Will be test fitting tomorrow. Not sure if the 3" will be large enough....

4521758055_d14418f83c_b.jpg

4521758099_a54719ac74_b.jpg

OP
OP
S

Stockfornow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys, bad news. The 90 degree elbow that was to come off the throttle body does not fit. It is too large to fit in front of the fan shroud and would require a fair amount of trimming.

Looks like I have to buy an Ebay one which I didn't want to do because I want to keep the stock air box.

ypsetihw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh come on dude you barely tried! prolly need 4" tubing and a way to get that elbow on there, prolly a silicon elbow? otherwise you're almost done! don't give up!

TunasTwins

2005 Tahoe LS
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of doing 4" right now. Its ALLMOST right but I have a feeling it wont work. too bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep