High Country Wheel Rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Giangi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Didn’t buy the High Country because they all came with those wheels and I wanted black rims instead. Didn’t like the idea to buy extra rims waiting for the order and having no money back / credit for the chromed wheels so I just bought the Z71, but every time I turn it on I mentally say, shit, why I don’t have a 6.2L engine? I would have loved an RST RWD 6.2L or an high country 6.2L gray metallic , with black bow ties and black wheels, but all the HC in the area where black or white only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWAustinVTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having some buyers remorse about the awful OEM Rims on my HC. Pretty sure that the "chrome Inserts" and the large center cap that covers the lugs are all plastic. I have never seen rims on a high end vehicle have so much plastic (or any plastic for that matter). Another issue is that the giant center cap is proprieatary and it has the gold bowtie. All of the logos on the exterior of my vehicle are black.

Guess I will be adding rims/wheels to the my list once the rubber is worn ( I am cheap), which in my case has usually been around 20-25k miles with OEM Bridgestone.

View attachment 255251

I looked at the High Country and couldn't believe how hideous these wheels are. Part plasti chrome, that big center cap in a weird 5 star pattern - just awful.

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn’t buy the High Country because they all came with those wheels and I wanted black rims instead. Didn’t like the idea to buy extra rims waiting for the order and having no money back / credit for the chromed wheels so I just bought the Z71, but every time I turn it on I mentally say, shit, why I don’t have a 6.2L engine? I would have loved an RST RWD 6.2L or an high country 6.2L gray metallic , with black bow ties and black wheels, but all the HC in the area where black or white only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eek....sounds like you rushed the purchase just because of the wheels. Wheels can be upgraded/changed, but there's nothing you can do about the motor or the color of the paint! FWIW, the 2021 RST's have the 5.3L V8. Only the High Countries and Denali's come with the 6.2L.

Giangi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 2021 Tahoe RST 6.2L will come, for now they only released the RST 5.3L so they can sell as many High Country they can. I know I can replace wheels, but when you buy new wheels you don’t receive a credit for the stock ones.

2021 Tahoe Z71 5.3L 4WD Graywood Metallic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout