High beams and automatic wipers help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. When i pull the lever towards me to flash the highbeams there seems to be a 1 or 2 second delay. It's not instant like every other car i own. It's annoying when i try to use it at night as opposed to the horn, or to give someone the right of way. Anyway to "fix" this?

Also, how do i disable or adjust the sensitivity for the auto wipe? When its a light misty rain the sensor won't recognize it and i have to manually do a wipe to clear the windshield. Again, annoying when it rains for a long time or when driving on the freeway after the rain.

TIA

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The automatic wipers issue can be solved by removing the plastic cover from the sensor and unplugging it. It's mounted to the windshield behind the rearview mirror. I had the same issue in my 2007, and it's a known problem with the automatic wiper system. You lose the rain sensing feature, but you get normal delay wiper functioning back.

Can't help with the lights issue except to ask if you have standard filament bulbs in there or LEDs. I've found that there is a slight delay in my 2007 with LEDs, but not in my 2012 with regular bulbs.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. When i pull the lever towards me to flash the highbeams there seems to be a 1 or 2 second delay. It's not instant like every other car i own. It's annoying when i try to use it at night as opposed to the horn, or to give someone the right of way. Anyway to "fix" this?

Also, how do i disable or adjust the sensitivity for the auto wipe? When its a light misty rain the sensor won't recognize it and i have to manually do a wipe to clear the windshield. Again, annoying when it rains for a long time or when driving on the freeway after the rain.

TIA
check the relay

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
I had a problem with my low beams going out and my high beams staying on. I had to unplug the bulbs to keep from being one of those "high beams on" drivers. I figured it was the turn signal/high beam switch. It was really easy to replace but it still didn't solve the problem. Turns out it was the round headlight knob on the dash next to the 4WD selector. Problem solved. I had needed to replace my turn signal switch anyway so no big deal on that.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when I turn right turn signal, my high beam comes on. I resolve by holding the switch towards me. Sometimes twisting the stalk a little gets it to go away. The high beam stays on even after turn signal goes away. Instead of replacing stalk and go through this again, thinking of doing this below:

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when I turn right turn signal, my high beam comes on. I resolve by holding the switch towards me. Sometimes twisting the stalk a little gets it to go away. The high beam stays on even after turn signal goes away. Instead of replacing stalk and go through this again, thinking of doing this below:

I think I would lose my high beams so this will not be as good as I thought....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645