High Beam Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonFH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the bulbs on the '05 hoe a while back for the low beams and recently the high beams. I checked alignment on the lows but it seems like the left high beam points straight down. I don't remember if it was like this before I replaced the bulb.. Not a clue how to fix that without messing up alignment on the low beams. Thoughts?

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you're using halogens. I do not believe you can adjust lows or highs individually, as they are part of the same housing, which you can adjust up and down and side to side with the screws. However, it is important to note that the left low is pointed more down since it is on the side of on coming traffic. Make sure the bulb is fully seated in the socket, and the socket is fully secured to the housing. You should be able to visually look at the bulb from outside the housing and note that it is pointing downish/straight, but not obviously out of place. If the light pattern is still looking screwy, I'd check the bulb glass and the housing cover.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no alignment for high beam. You always align the low beam and the pattern for the high beam "is what it is". If yours is that far off, maybe the reflector came loose inside or something.

OP
OP
J

JasonFH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I will have to check the reflector in the housing later today. I checked the bulb a few times already.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

JasonFH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've always aligned the lows and when I turned on the highs I noticed the left was aimed down way lower than the low beam or the right side. I should be able to check the housing and reflector tonight.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk