HID retrofit w/TSX projectors: walkthrough w/pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
ATL, are you doing the quad setup? I'm real curious how that'll fit in our trucks. Remember the fit on the driver's side is tight with the wiper reservoir there. Just keep that in mind. Let me know when you get things underway, I want to follow along if you don't mind. I'm hoping to get a quad done by next winter, so I'm working on the plan now. I want to go with a better projector than the mini-h1's (they are nice but don't have the throw of some of the better/bigger projectors) but just don't know if anything else would fit in a quad setup. I want 4 lows, 4 highs, 55w fogs, and also hoping to get some HID off-road lights on the front by then. I can't have enough light....lol.

Baldd86: Can you post up a link to your how-to? I'd like to take a look at it.

Last edited:

baldd86

Reaction score
The mini's have plenty of space

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
baldd, post a link to your thread please

denali, i was just planning on doing the lows for now. and i just assumed the mini h1s would be best fit. but what projectors do you like better? i think the lexus lxs are suppose to be really good arent they? but i believe they are too big

baldd86

Reaction score
That the prblem I had I wanted a better projector but was worried about the damn driver side not working for me.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
baldd, post a link to your thread please

denali, i was just planning on doing the lows for now. and i just assumed the mini h1s would be best fit. but what projectors do you like better? i think the lexus lxs are suppose to be really good arent they? but i believe they are too big

If I was just doing lows again, I'd call Matt at TRS and see if he could track down some S2000 projectors. Or Lexus ls460 low-beam only. Nowadays, most are bi-xenon, so your options for a single-beam are limited.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Thank you, sir. :Handshake:

Are those OEM headlights or aftermarket that you used?

Last edited:

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can find all of those projectors on ebay, not sure if rfs has better lenses or anything tho. are lows only any better than bi-xenons for some reason?

baldd86

Reaction score
I used oem headlights, I just cleared them. I also have some after markets as a back up, that I plan to do a quad set up in the future. Not right away maybe a year or two from now.

baldd86

Reaction score
S2000 are suppose to be awesome, but I never seen them in person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh