Hid help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always had to buy my harnesses seperately, so I'll be surprised if you actually get one included with your 55w kit.

I have never heard of slim ballasts being brighter then any other ballast. Theoretically that doesn't even make sense if everything else is equal (output power, kelvin, etc.).

call ddm yourself. the 55w slims comes included with the wire harness. unless the my sales rep donest know what the hell hes talking about.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

so i want everyones input on the hid fogs.
Do you think it looks better yellow ( standard ) or white/blue (hid)

I think im just gonna stick with my stock lights

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
call ddm yourself. the 55w slims comes included with the wire harness. unless the my sales rep donest know what the hell hes talking about.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

so i want everyones input on the hid fogs.
Do you think it looks better yellow ( standard ) or white/blue (hid)

I think im just gonna stick with my stock lights

Just saying I'd be surprised if it comes with it. Maybe the dude on the phone threw one in for you, but I have had 3 55w ddm kits, one of which I just received last week, and none of them came with the harness. Let me know if you do get the harness so I can call and complain about paying an extra $15 for mine.

Last edited:

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saying I'd be surprised if it comes with it. Maybe the dude on the phone threw one in for you, but I have had 3 55w ddm kits, one of which I just received last week, and none of them came with the harness. Let me know if you do get the harness so I can call and complain about paying an extra $15 for mine.

The thing is, i asked the sales rep (paul) if i needed to purchase a separate harness. I actually purchased a h13 55w 5000k and a h16 35w 5000k for the fogs. i said im willing to purchase the harnesses and he said okay. and the he goes. the 55w 5000k already comes with the harness so all you'll have to purchase is the harness for the 35w. I dont know why he would tell me something else but hey, he could be wrong. either way ill find out once it gets here and once it does and i find out it didnt come with my shipping, im gonna call and complain. ill let you know next week when i get the equipment but hold off on the complaining until i get my shipment lol.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
lol

Np.

Either way, one of us is gonna get screwed. You're either not going to get one or they charge you extra for it, or I had to pay for something you didn't.

No big thing, really. Just like some consistency in vendors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n