Hey Guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Johnathan!

Nice find your 17 PPV Tahoe! Still looks band new. Nice find! Most agencies keep their PPV Tahoe's A LOT longer then 3 years. Miami-Dade and Broward County still have a lot of old CVPI'S still on patrol.

So heres my newly acquired 17 PPV. Had a previous PPV. Also known a 12 ppv and an 08 CVPI.

Current upgrades.
1. Full carpet over rubber flooring
2. Center console ( need help with wiring to make it functional. IDK if I can get it all to work, like rear ac controls, 110v )
3. Wrapped chrome window trim.

To do list ASAP
1. Wrap Chrome grill and chrome spotlight mounts.
2. Auto start, Viper.
3. Upgrade to I06 system. I have the screen, and module now need to source the wires to make the parts operational.
4. LOWERING. NEED ADVICE ASAP on this. Very confused

Any help would be appreciated gents.
TM

View attachment 245346 View attachment 245347

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F3463E05-E76B-4730-9A75-1ED765C6F6D6.jpeg Welcome, no ppv here Just up grades to my 2012 ls, lowered suspension and shocks, Silverado ss wheels and tires, brake vents, street scene bumper and skirts, z71 interior trimF3463E05-E76B-4730-9A75-1ED765C6F6D6.jpeg

TimmyPPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So heres my newly acquired 17 PPV. Had a previous PPV. Also known a 12 ppv and an 08 CVPI.

Current upgrades.
1. Full carpet over rubber flooring
2. Center console ( need help with wiring to make it functional. IDK if I can get it all to work, like rear ac controls, 110v )
3. Wrapped chrome window trim.

To do list ASAP
1. Wrap Chrome grill and chrome spotlight mounts.
2. Auto start, Viper.
3. Upgrade to I06 system. I have the screen, and module now need to source the wires to make the parts operational.
4. LOWERING. NEED ADVICE ASAP on this. Very confused

Any help would be appreciated gents.
TM

View attachment 245346 View attachment 245347
Nice looking Tahoe...just purchased a white one 2019. Can you send info on the carpet over the rubber flooring? I want to do that to mine.

YYZ_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you do 'how to' for full carpet over rubber flooring?
Pictures or steps?

scot1979

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went through the io6 upgrade. Assuming your parts are programmed to your VIN, I’d contact MVI for the cabling. If your getting NAV, don’t bother with a splitter, just buy the $30 nav antenna. If you need any assistance, I can help...it’s quite the project.
I just purchased a 2017 tahoe ssv with about 96000 miles on it for $19,100. Because I got it at a decent price, I’m willing to put some money into upgrading it. It has a io3 in it and I’d like to upgrade to io6. I’m looking at the best way to do this. Does the above advice work for an io3 mod? MVI charges an extra $350 for a io3 mod vs io4. In the end, I’m wanting apple carplay, and if not much more work, navigation would be nice too. If you have any information, I’d really appreciate it.

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a 2018 PPV. I don’t have it yet, but I believe it comes with io5. With my 2015 Tahoe PPV, I wanted everything. I had to buy the 8” screen and the io6 and some other part. My advice is DONT DO FACTORY NAV. The installation is 10x more difficult because you have to connect (solder) wires to the onstar unit and then use an internal NAV antenna or replace the one on the roof. Just get CarPlay and use google maps or Waze.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick