Here is my new 85 burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatcha gonna do for paint?

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatcha gonna do for paint?

your the 3rd person to ask me this. Someone just asked me yesterday as well..

I am prob going to keep it just how it is = FLAT BLACK. The interior is gutted, and im going to keep that just how it is as well. This is a hunting/strip truck. So its definitely lost a lot of weight with no interior besides the 2 rows. The truck is not being built to be a show truck, but to get some hard abuse and look tuff at it.

I plan on running some 4.10 or 4.30 gears on it with a trutrac in the rear end for added traction.

The front end is going to be off a 89 CHEVY DUALLY 3500. with the single square light, and smaller narrow parklight under.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
awesome!! So you're looking to make it fast? Can't argue with that route and would be different for a vehicle that size! :) cool!

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes im expecting near 600lbs of tq and about 530hp from the 408 ci, 6.7L engine. Its closer to the radical side of things.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:rocking: that is all kinds of cool! Will you put a roll cage in then?

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No roll cage for now. But good news I got her started yesterday, sounded AWESOME! Cant do much untill I take it to a PRO to tune the carb on it. Also engine seems very strong, broke my start smack in half, so I need a new starter as well.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
she RUNS, and she sounded STRONG! Going to get the holley tuned this week, exhaust ran, hopefully get the 3" lift ordered. Getting the black side mirrors plastic from LMC. :Handshake:
a92b24ed.jpg
d5c13521.jpg
04f9d6fd.jpg

Oh yea, cant really tell, but the suburban is loaded, I have a engine on it, set of heads, manifolds with cats, 2 intake manifolds, 4 20" tires, and 4 16" wheels and tires. Set of 3rd row seats for my other truck, couple alternators, power steering pump, and pullies, and a bunch of misc shit. You cant even see out the back at all, its shit piled to the roof. LOL Lot of weight, and it dont even show it. Love these big trucks. Like a ROCK.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome dude!! :rocking:

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATES...

Well the truck got towed back to my house, then towed again to a pro shop where the guy is going to sort out any leaks, and get the carb running properly, where I can drive the damn thing. He is setting the timing curve to advance 30* properly. The truck will be driveable afterwards. Im also going to have the exhaust completed, so I should be driving it today or tmrw. Got a new starter for it as well. From there, Im going to update the mechanical fuel pump, and get it to the dyno shop, where they will redo the carb and tweak the timing & the fuel. Im just ready to drive it, lol.

Here are some pics I took yesterday.
b634c599.jpg
1052a66b.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sahidblack