Help with wheel/tire combo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rchurch5945

Reaction score
I've got a 1996 Tahoe 2dr/2wd and I'm just finishing doing a 4/4 drop. The front is a 2" spindle and 2" coil spring drop. The rear is an axle flip with a 2" lift front spring perch to get the 4" drop. The kit came from DJM.

I'm shopping for wheels and tires and have hit a wall. No one at any of the local tire places can tell me what offset I need. I'm not getting much information from them at all. Pretty much "Tell us what you want and we'll order them."

I want to run a 20" rim, I'd like a decent sidewall on the tire for a good ride (no rubber band looking sidewall) and I want to fill up the wheelwell. I'd like the biggest tire that will fit (width and height). I don't mind the wheels and tires being staggered if necessary.

Anyone run into this problem? What wheel/tire combo is everyone running on their Tahoe? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm ready to get this thing on the road and enjoy it!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd first start with a good rim/tire size/fit reference chart, for which there is a web site you can go to. You can plug various rim and tire sizes and offsets into it, and it will provide you with the actual dimensions of the rim/tire combination, and then you can use those measurements to determine if that rim/tire combination will fit into your truck's wheel well and suspension component layout, without rubbing.

I thought that I had bookmarked the web site, but unfortunately, I did not. Somebody on this Forum will provide you with that web site address.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212