Help with some suspenson probs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bagged_s_dime

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just bought a 04 tahoe LT auto ride AWD and have some problems with it. Its been "lowered", the front t-bars were cranked down and had beltech drop coils in the rear. Went to get it aligned and they told me the control arm bolts are seized. What are people doing to get these out cause i see no reason to buy a new crontrol arm?
Second thing the auto air ride has a leak and i really dont care to replace anything on with it. Has anybody deleted the air ride and just put shocks on it? I love the low look but when it does air up it rides at stock height even with the drop coils so i would rather just delete everything to do with it if posable

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. You might get more help in the PRE-'07 section.
2. Can't help with the control arm bolts issue.
3. If the rear airs up to stock height, you need to install SHORTER autoride links to trick the truck into thinking that the new lower height is the stock ride height. With the links at factory length, the truck will always try to air up so that it's back to factory height.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb

Latest posts