Help with Pricing 2005 Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Herms21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, new to the forum and looking for some advice on what I'm hoping to be my next suburban based purchase. Have found a 2005 Yukon Denali XL with 129k for miles with a asking price of 10500. I know the current market of any used vehicle is hard to come up with a price. I am prepared to pay this for it as long as it checks out just curious what others think. I have not looked at it in person as the seller is currently away and holding it for me. will add a couple pictures of it as well as one of my current suburban that i daily which is a 99 that is about to roll over to 200k.

Attachments

• Yukon One.jpg
    Yukon One.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Yukon Two.jpg
    Yukon Two.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Sub One.PNG
    Sub One.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 16

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I have an 05 Z71 that I balked at paying $8k for about 1.5 years ago. I am glad that members here talked me in to buying it. It had I believe around 133k miles on it. I have a build thread that talks about my journey with my rig. The low mileage on yours is appealing and with today's used vehicle market and it being a Suburban style replacement, that price does sound pretty good. Are you having any problems with the current one? Do you get repair/maintenance history records with the new? Any wiggle room on the $10,500 price? Same engine or getting the ever popular 6.0? Will you be checking the rig yourself when you see it or taking to a trusted shop for inspection?

OP
OP
H

Herms21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I have an 05 Z71 that I balked at paying $8k for about 1.5 years ago. I am glad that members here talked me in to buying it. It had I believe around 133k miles on it. I have a build thread that talks about my journey with my rig. The low mileage on yours is appealing and with today's used vehicle market and it being a Suburban style replacement, that price does sound pretty good. Are you having any problems with the current one? Do you get repair/maintenance history records with the new? Any wiggle room on the $10,500 price? Same engine or getting the ever popular 6.0? Will you be checking the rig yourself when you see it or taking to a trusted shop for inspection?
Thanks for the welcome. I will have to check out your thread, thanks for pointing that out.

no problems with my current, just quite enjoy the suburban/tahoe platform and came across this one and started tossing the idea around enough to the point of wanting to purchase it. There should be good records of the vehicle as the seller is a salesman at a GM dealer and claims to have sold it to the original owner who is a doctor new and her purchased it from him a few years back. He sounds pretty firm on the price but negotiating is much easier to do in person rather than through a text or phone(seems to be a lost practice these days to actually go and look and then do some negotiating)this of course has the 6.0. i am pretty familiar with the LS family of small block engines as i also currently have an 04 LS1 GTO M6 and dabble around in them often enough. So I will be looking it over myself and rust is one of the main concerns which I know it has some obvisouly. Its a canadian rig so i imagine the frame will at least have surface rust. Otherwise it looks to be pretty clean overall for the age. He sent me a video of it running and a good walk around and im basically ready at his notice to go pick it up.

OP
OP
H

Herms21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think the price is reasonable..... IF you get it raised on a lift and have a mechanic look it over and under!!
Check all the comfort accessories / switches.....
Unfortunately I won't have the luxury of putting it on a lift but will be looking under it myself. I do need to be thorough and check everything like you mention. Sometimes easy to overlook all of that.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I won't have the luxury of putting it on a lift but will be looking under it myself. I do need to be thorough and check everything like you mention. Sometimes easy to overlook all of that.
4 years ago, buying my '05 Yukon, with 140,000 on the clock..... I brought the vin number to the local dealer. I was happy to see a 4-page list of service / warranty fixes..... I found out the owner had the oil changed every 4,500 miles!

OP
OP
H

Herms21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
4 years ago, buying my '05 Yukon, with 140,000 on the clock..... I brought the vin number to the local dealer. I was happy to see a 4-page list of service / warranty fixes..... I found out the owner had the oil changed every 4,500 miles!
sorry for the late reply. I haven't asked yet for this but will, we have a phone call setup for sunday night. From what i've gathered there should be a laundry list for this vehicle as well being serviced at the dealer the seller works at. Fingers crossed.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry for the late reply. I haven't asked yet for this but will, we have a phone call setup for sunday night. From what i've gathered there should be a laundry list for this vehicle as well being serviced at the dealer the seller works at. Fingers crossed.
Funny thing...... My 'new' '05 Yukon XL SLT was ..."perfect"....... I was waiting for something to go wrong for the 1st 6 months..... ( There is usually some surprise after buying a used vehicle ? )..

So far, with 165,000 on it, the only 'repair' was the driver's side passenger window motor. But I went to the autoparts and bought a complete power window assembly, took 1 hour and $80 bucks it replace.
That has been it..... I did flush my power brakes & transmission fluids, just so I know the 'history' of the fluids. I am about to flush my cooling system & use distilled water....

I think you should be fine with the purchase, since these things last forever, as you should know, having a Surburban.
( Barring a 'surprise' during inspection)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B