Help with LED rapid blinking problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IncisionInd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Currently i am getting the exact same issue but it is coming out of my right taillight. I am hoping that someone will be able to solve this issue because it really is quite annoying.

OP
OP
FL_Yukon

FL_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

Well I was going to wait another day or so but since IncisionInd posted his comment I thought I would give you a SITREP (Situation Report for you non-military types). I am Day #2 with the new 7 Ohm resistors installed in my G4 tails and.......no rapid blinking! :)

I am going to remain guarded in my optimism for another few days but in the past when I replaced a resistor or tried different approaches to stopping the rapid blinking the rapid blinking would always reappear by the second day. So this is a good start and hopefully the 7 Ohm resistors are the answer to the problem. One other observation is that my voltage gauge has remained well above 14 (actually appears to be holding at a level higher than when I had the two 10 Ohm resistors install in the tails).

Stay tuned, more to follow!

OP
OP
FL_Yukon

FL_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am calling the switch to the 7 Ohm resistors a success! It has been 5 days without rapid blinking. My resistors came from the factory via the vendor I purchased the lights from so I am unable to provide much in the way of directions as to where to go to get resistors but I am obviously very pleased with the outcome.

Finally, thanks to all who provided suggestions and insights!

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea

i used 6 ohms w/success as well. looks like either should work...

like I said the math works out to 6.5, so I went with 6s, but obviously 7s work as well.

im glad it works for you now :)

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats good news to hear, maybe they will make all the G4's with the 7Ohm resistors so that no one else has this problem. Question for you: when you brake do the lights stay in sync with the turns in the mirrors? i have seen others with this "problem" and was curious if this fixed that problem as well

PHILLYTONE

Banned
Reaction score
Just purchased a set of ipcw bermuda black led tails...didnt get a chance to install them yet but this thread is making me a little nervous...they are said to be "plug and play" and no not come with resistors...do you guys think that i will need resistors for these or should i be fine??? Also i am planning to replace my front turn signals with led bulbs...do you think this will cause a problem with the fast flashing issue??? If so, what should i do? Any suggestions would help...thanks

cmorris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just purchased a set of ipcw bermuda black led tails...didnt get a chance to install them yet but this thread is making me a little nervous...they are said to be "plug and play" and no not come with resistors...do you guys think that i will need resistors for these or should i be fine??? Also i am planning to replace my front turn signals with led bulbs...do you think this will cause a problem with the fast flashing issue??? If so, what should i do? Any suggestions would help...thanks

Hey Philly,
I just put those on my 09 nali and had a left side fast flash! they replaced the lights free of charge and I still had the problem. They sent me resistors and I placed one and it still continued, I placed another one in line and it is gone! It has been gone for a month! The turns in the mirrors and the rears are in syn! I have not replaced my front turns YET, plesae let me know what you come up with up front. I hope this helps.
Chris

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sync

my side mirror and tails are in 'sync' they would only look out of sync before because the mirrors are LED and the tails were not... now all of mine are LED.

I should have just taken my ohm meter to my old tails and figured out the resistance... but looks like 6 & 7s are working for people, I got mine from www.v-leds.com arrived not too long and were good quality.

this is exactly what I used.

http://www.v-leds.com/BlinkerWarning-Fix/Turn-Signal-Fix/6-OHM-50W-2-BULB-LED-p4783296-1-2.html

how hard is it to get to the front turns? I was thinking about LEDs for those...

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my side mirror and tails are in 'sync' they would only look out of sync before because the mirrors are LED and the tails were not... now all of mine are LED.

Sabr -- I don't think that's the same out-of-sync issue here. I think the real out-of-sync issue -- that no one seems able to "correct" -- is when the brakes are applied while the turn signal is on. The mirrors and dash will continue to blink unimpeded, but the tails will just out of sync with them. You'd never know it unless you had someone check it out for you, or unless you can monitor the reflections of the tails off of something somewhere dark.

PHILLYTONE

Banned
Reaction score
hey cmorris...what do you mean when you say that you place a reistor in line and it fixed your problem??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557

Latest posts