Help with exhaust choice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPE7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, so I have been looking at getting a new exhaust for a while now but I can't really find one with the perfect sound. I have a 2005 z71 tahoe, and I am looking for a dual exhaust with a low rumble that doesn't sound redneck. I just want something that you can tell isn't stock, but isn't abnoctious.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have flowmaster super 44s and they are deep and rumble.. i love them! i also have turn downs where the exhaust turns down under the tahoe so i dont half to worry about crooked tips or wasting $ on them looking awquard. i really love not having tips it looks real clean and even... not to mention less trashy/red neck plus the turn downs make my floor boards rumble from the exhaust and that is a great feeling. when i first got these muffalers they had a quiet mellow tone but when they broke in they got more of a real nice monster rumble to them but not real loud. they dont have a loud pop or any trashy noise they sound real clean and rumble but wont wake the neighbors. judging from your tahoe and what your asking for go with super 44s no doubt man. i also would advise a duel inlet duel outlet. its cheaper and you get the better flow like you would get if you put the famous Xpipe.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CORSA!!! The system they sell for our rigs aren't a dual setup but sound killer!! I love mine!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go for the sport, it's cheaper a louder, but not too loud!! The touring clips I saw on Youtube sounded barely louder than stock!! I love my sport setup!!

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to try to find someone that has each of these exhaust installed on their truck and listen or take a ride, if not your're just shooting in the blind going with our comments. I don't like flowmaster for the sound but then, someone with a flowmaster hates magnaflow for their sound. Magnaflow works for me. It's a long patient process if you want to find one you can live with.

BTW I have shot in the blind before, so it's just something for you to consider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10