Help with componets install!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwaldo432

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive decided to add 6.5 componets instead of 6.5 "subs". Ive looked at alot and i think im gonna go with Power Acoustik CPT-60c or Sony XS-GTX1621s.
Both are 4 ohm system, I Have a 2 channel amp but its 2ohm x2. Could I wire these in parallel to the crossovers? or would that damage something. Or do I need to just use the stock amp and if i used the stock amp would I be satisfied? I have the bose option in my tahoe.

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the stock bose system will be just as good if not better as far as sound quality but the amped components could give you some more volume. Why would you be running them in parallel? Do you mean run each side front and back in parallel on one channel each?

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe if you connect the two 4 ohm left (front and back) and two 4 ohm right (f and B) to each channel you should be ok. When you connect the two 4 ohm speakers in parallel it brings the impedance down to 2 ohms which your amp is rated. So you should be ok, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

OP
OP
jwaldo432

jwaldo432

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the stock bose system will be just as good if not better as far as sound quality but the amped components could give you some more volume. Why would you be running them in parallel? Do you mean run each side front and back in parallel on one channel each?

I dont like the bose system I have now, it sounds to flat to me. I looked at replacing the speakers but it was a little more than just redoing

I believe if you connect the two 4 ohm left (front and back) and two 4 ohm right (f and B) to each channel you should be ok. When you connect the two 4 ohm speakers in parallel it brings the impedance down to 2 ohms which your amp is rated. So you should be ok, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

So I can send a 2 ohm load from my amp to the Drivers F&R crossovers and passenger side F&R crossovers without messing them up?

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
I dont like the bose system I have now, it sounds to flat to me. I looked at replacing the speakers but it was a little more than just redoing

So I can send a 2 ohm load from my amp to the Drivers F&R crossovers and passenger side F&R crossovers without messing them up?

yes you can wire it this way. the speakers provide the load to the amp. 2 4ohm speakers wired pos to pos and neg to neg(parallel) will provide the amp with a 2ohm load. just make sure you wire the l side speakers to the l channel and r side speakers to r channel.

OP
OP
jwaldo432

jwaldo432

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who answered yall are a big help, just out of curiosity does anybody know the ratings of the stock amp? its the 9 speaker system bose. Thnaks!!

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure but im gathering that you think you NEED a 2ohm load for your amp to run... You can run your amp at 128ohms and it will be just fine its when you under load it that you have problems... you can run the speakers at 2 4 or 8 ohms it doesnt matter
You will technically push more power at 2ohm but in the end its all the same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYone