Help with cam for a tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patriotsfanatic6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 04 awd tahoe that I'm wanting to do a cam in I've searched so much I confused myself. What if I do a 2.12/2.18 do I have to get it tuned? Would a 6.0 cam make a difference? Idk which way to go, it is a daily driver and pulls a car trailer occasionally so need it be good all around thanks for the suggestion. Real hp gains would be great

MurdrNali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The .212/.218 comp low lift cam is a great little cam for the 5.3's. Retains stock converter and helps out the low end of those motors which is something they lack. ANY cam swap will need a tune afterwards to achieve the maximum potential out of the swap but IIRC that particular cam does not require it. I'd say its a good upgrade for a DD/tow rig. But I would suggest intake and exhaust as well to help out in the air flow department! Oh yea you'll need some ls6 springs for it too and depending on the mileage a timing chain and oil pump wouldn't be a bad idea either. Post of the results of whatever you decide!

OP
OP
P

patriotsfanatic6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I go with that 2.12/2.18 will that have a pretty good increase in power? And for intake and exhaust is a cai and new muffler sufficient or does it need more?