help, trucks running a little rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
Ok guys, i just did a small road trip from phoenix to Pasadina CA...

I got in late last night and when i pulled into the hotel parking lot the trucks idle kicked WAAYYY down for a second, almost died... then this morning on my way to the store i think the truck was running just a bit rough...

any ideas? things to check?

(also on a side note, how can i tell if i have an exhaust leak at or near the exhaust manafold? It kinda sounds like there is one)

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
when it did the low idle thing were you parking?? Or already parked. Sometimes your powersteering pump will do that. Running rough im not sure.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
man it was like 2am.... i was backing into the parking spot, i suppose i may have been turning the wheel one way or another... hard to recal exactly though

i really think i have an exhaust leak that may have worsened over the course of the 300 mile drive

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
Chances are that if you hear the exhaust leak under the hood, your leak is at the manifold.

If you hear the leak under the truck, it could be the Y pipe or other bolted part.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
aif its the manifold atleast you can justify new headers!

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
intake gasket, mine took a shit on me, ran rough at first then progressively got worse until it would shudder and die while idling. Start her up and drive her around for a few min then let it idle and see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman