help slammed tahoe..3/5 kit 3/7!! need your measurement! mmeasurment! !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

26slate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my new tahoe is slammed and it bottoms out like no other...."i think" the rear is a 3 inch (drop coils) and they have some kind of coil clamps to make them tighter the problem is now there too soft, i want to get some 5 inch drop coils so they will be stiffer and not bottom out so easy the problem is i dont want to order 5 in coils and have it sit to high............what is the measurement with a 5 in drop coil from wheel well to center of axle????

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

get-attachment.aspx

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

get-attachment.aspx

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blake:

1. No pics are showing up.
2. What year Tahoe do you have?
3. What clamps are you talking about on the springs?! Sounds crazy.
4. It's going to be recommended that you cut your bump stops off, I'd imagine.

OP
OP
26slate

26slate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08 ltz 2wd auto ride....how can i get the pics to show up seem every time i try they dont work

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

the bump stops are completely taken off

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

picture.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

picture.php

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

did thoes pics show up??

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics are up. Man, that clamping set up looks absurd. Never seen/heard of that before.

Any idea what length your autoride links are set to? Do you hear your compressor kick on much?

OP
OP
26slate

26slate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was looking into that too (auto ride) i dont hear it kick on i dont know how long the links are and there is no lights on the dash that say check auto ride things of that nature

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

im going to pull the coil out tonight and look for part numbers on them and remove the clamp things and see were it sits i just don't want it to look higher in the back then the front to much.................im pretty sure thoes are 3 in coils and the clamps brought it down to a 5in......and its all good if i can get 5 inch coils so it sits low as it does the probem is there too soft right now and any bumps it slams ( too soft cuz the ghetto clamps pretty much are taking away the coil spring to do it job)

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are your bump stop BRACKETS completely cut off the frame, or just the bump stops, themselves?

OP
OP
26slate

26slate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just the bump stops....

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

picture.jpg

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I cant believe a shop actually did that clamp thing to your springs....

OP
OP
26slate

26slate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok....pulled the coils out they just have clamps on them i removed the clamps and the truck sits 1 inch higher lol and ride 100% better!

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

picture.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

picture.jpg

1 inch higher exactly

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

picture.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

and i buffed that scuff off the front lol if anyone was looking lol hahpicture.jpgah

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Nice ride.. and WTF.. I have never seen anything like that with clamps. Almost like the updated the old school way of heating the coils to shrink them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove