Help! Need to know about lugnut studs (possible legal issue)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was definitely no instruction, oral or written to return to have them retorqued. This is not something I've ever heard of.

This is strictly a truck custom shop - no repairs - wheels, tires suspension, bed covers, lighting, etc.

The last response also sounds like shop liability.

Another option is that he's moving to a larger, more prominent location. I could always picket the grand opening. But I'd rather just get my truck fixed and go on about my business.
It seems very odd that a shop that "doesn't do repairs" would charge you for repairs without telling you...

Either way, before you scream/yell/picket/threaten to sue, I would go in to the shop, sit down with the owner, and attempt to have a reasonable conversation. See if he's willing to help pay for repairs or do them at his shop for a cheaper rate, etc. If he's completely unwilling to negotiate, then you scream/yell/picket/threaten to sue.

I would avoid picketing if it were me. It's typically ineffective (especially if you're the only one) and can often make you look like a crazy person. A lawsuit will cause the shop owner much more grief than a lone picketer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed