Help me figure out the options I have

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

remist17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 05 Tahoe this saturday. The dealer said I had Autotrac transfer case, with stabil trac traction control. But I am not sure. I have attached some option pages and photo of Transfer Case.

Can you tell me what Opts I have so I can figure what fluids I need to get?

TransButtons.jpg

TransferCase.jpg

Codes.jpg

DateUpgrade1.jpg

DataUpgrade2.jpg

Any help is appreciated...

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
You can do a VIN search and for like $5 you can get a full list of what your truck does and doesn't have. I don't remember the site(its not carfax) just google "VIN lookup"

hope that helps

OP
OP
R

remist17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
not really looking for a vin look up as I already have the codes. I wanted to try and figure out what Trnasfer case/ drive system I have and what fluid it takes.

What I figure its a NR4 transfer case with stabiltrac control All wheel drive- Dexron III
fluid. The tranny I think is a 4L60E? not sure/

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
I wish I could help but I know 2 members who definately can.....PM Max or JKmotorsports and ask them! If they don't know this forum is in bad shape :nono:

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
There is a thread floating around here that links you to a site to look up all those codes and tells you what they are, then you can find the fluids for those parts.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go to
http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/index.php?act=attach&code=showtopic&tid=26

(sign up if not a member)

and
download the one for your year model and you can compare the RPO codes to determine all options.
for 2003 NP8 is autotrac and JL4 is stabilitrak... but they are exclusionary. you can not have both.

you have NR4 - transfer case open differential 2 speed
Included with (JL4) stabilitrak

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trappnastyy