Help me choose a cat-back!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Prospect62

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't appear so.

The OP has received more good quality information on his question than I have ever seen in one thread on this topic. Excellent feedback.

Time to sh*t or get off the pot.

I don't think there's any need for that type of vitriol. Holy balls man.

I do very much appreciate all the input from everyone that commented and I've taken everyone's experiences into account. I guess I'm a jerk for being careful about how and where I plunk down $1200 of my hard earned dollars. I use cash to buy stuff, not credit cards unlike most people. Want to make sure I've made a decision that I'm going to be happy with.

Thanks again everyone. I've narrowed it down to Borla or Corsa, having eliminated Gibson and MBRP.

Last edited:

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's any need for that type of vitriol. Holy balls man.

I do very much appreciate all the input from everyone that commented and I've taken everyone's experiences into account. I guess I'm a jerk for being careful about how and where I plunk down $1200 of my hard earned dollars. I use cash to buy stuff, not credit cards unlike most people. Want to make sure I've made a decision that I'm going to be happy with.

Thanks again everyone. I've narrowed it down to Borla or Corsa, having eliminated Gibson and MBRP.
You can’t go wrong with either. Looks are similar. I like the black chrome tips myself. The Corsa will be louder no matter what. If you don’t want it as loud get the Borla. I believe the Borla is the ‘touring’ and the Corsa is ‘Sport’ as the manufacturers description states about sound and how loud they are. Good luck.

OP
OP
Prospect62

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can’t go wrong with either. Looks are similar. I like the black chrome tips myself. The Corsa will be louder no matter what. If you don’t want it as loud get the Borla. I believe the Borla is the ‘touring’ and the Corsa is ‘Sport’ as the manufacturers description states about sound and how loud they are. Good luck.
I was 95% on the Borla until I remembered that I had a Borla muffler welded into this truck years ago and I had to take it out because the interior resonance and droning was just awful. I don't know why I didn't remember that sooner.

I know the Corsa will be louder at startup but I think it may actually be quieter inside the truck, which is important. I also think that the Borla catback for this truck uses a larger muffler and it probably won't drone AS BAD as that little ProXS I had welded in. If it droned that badly, GM never would have used this as their chosen GM Performance kit.

I'm coming closer to a decision. I think.

Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was 95% on the Borla until I remembered that I had a Borla muffler welded into this truck years ago and I had to take it out because the interior resonance and droning was just awful. I don't know why I didn't remember that sooner.

I know the Corsa will be louder at startup but I think it may actually be quieter inside the truck, which is important. I also think that the Borla catback for this truck uses a larger muffler and it probably won't drone AS BAD as that little ProXS I had welded in. If it droned that badly, GM never would have used this as their chosen GM Performance kit.

I'll throw another one in the mix for you "Carven" it' is a catback system, I have one on my 18 silverado it was on it when I bought it so not sure what model, I will attach a couple pics
it sounds really nice on the outside, especially at startup but is almost dead silent inside, now it is a pickup so there is no rear space to reflect any sounds, but If I roll down the rear passenger window it does sound pretty nice, truck is dirty
carven.jpg
carven1.jpg
this is outside startup

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There you go then. Corsa time!! Haha

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I'm too late, but I just wanted to throw in a bote for MBRP; my '04 Silverado came to me with an MBRP system. Also, MBRP can be purchased in stainless -- does that stand up any better to the road salts/chemicals?

Zoomer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had similar questions and goals when purchasing new exhaust. I think you’ll find the Borla Touring will be best. Sound is great without being too loud inside. There is a sound change when shifting from 8 to 4 cylinders, not an issue. The deep tone is superb and sounds like a 6.2L V8. The last item I’ll mention is quality of metal, Borla’s stainless steel will have less corrosion/rust.

OP
OP
Prospect62

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys weren't kidding about the Corsa.

GOOD GOLLY.

Amazing, just amazing. Fit and finish, sound, overall quality. ZERO drone. I am amazed. Worth every penny and premium in every sense. So glad I chose Corsa.

Thanks to everyone who recommended it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518