*HELP* Integrated Trailer Brakes 2011 GMC Yukon Denali *HELP*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Matthew Snyder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In the picture posted above, there are two wires attached to the left stud. Can you tell me where these go/come from? There's only supposed to be one wire on that post that I'm aware of.
One wire goes all the way to 7-pin connector for 12v aux power, another goes to power the integrated trailer brake controller and it's my understanding the third is to power a harness which should be tucked under the dash for an aftermarket plug and play controller..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Matthew Snyder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pretty sure the ITCB located beneath the spare tire needs to be replaced/reflashed as the internals seem to be unreliable. This has been my deduction from the situation.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One wire goes all the way to 7-pin connector for 12v aux power, another goes to power the integrated trailer brake controller and it's my understanding the third is to power a harness which should be tucked under the dash for an aftermarket plug and play controller..

You cannot have an aftermarket controller hooked up at the same time as the factory ITBC or it will disable itself.

OP
OP
M

Matthew Snyder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe that to be true ( not having dual controllers hooked up) however wouldn't think that having the harness wired up would affect it so long as the harness is not actively connected.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that to be true ( not having dual controllers hooked up) however wouldn't think that having the harness wired up would affect it so long as the harness is not actively connected.

Agreed but I never know with these things, a few extra ohms of resistance may turn it off, if that's even correct, I'm not an electrician even though I play one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods