Help identifying part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BugginOut

Reaction score
I think I found the source of my SRS light... I BELIEVE that this sensor is the seat position sensor. It looks very similar to the pics I have tracked down, but not exactly like them. I can't seem to cross reference any of the part numbers on it though, so I've just been surfin good ol' Google for a while now. It's riveted to the driver seat outside slide rail. The harness that clips into it, is what is jacked up. The one pin inside it is mangled. Tips on getting that sucker out? I tried with a paper clip and a pic....no luck.
am I able to SRSPROB.jpg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I found the source of my SRS light... I BELIEVE that this sensor is the seat position sensor. It looks very similar to the pics I have tracked down, but not exactly like them. I can't seem to cross reference any of the part numbers on it though, so I've just been surfin good ol' Google for a while now. It's riveted to the driver seat outside slide rail. The harness that clips into it, is what is jacked up. The one pin inside it is mangled. Tips on getting that sucker out? I tried with a paper clip and a pic....no luck.
am I able to View attachment 245501
Is this what you are looking for?
7F171384-E758-4B48-AEBD-E39CAA164657.png

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
am I able to View attachment 245501
you have to pull the plastic connector off then remove the retainer from the inside (if there is one), then there is a clip on the inside of the connector to lift up and the metal part can then exit the rear of the connector, takes a little pick tool to do it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you cant repair the connector or find a exact replacement you can just add new tips to the wires, slide them in place on the pins then hot glue it

OP
OP
BugginOut

BugginOut

Reaction score
Wow...Apparently Google ain't your friend after all. I had searched for all different variants of that and got NOTHING. Although, to be fair, I wasn't searching for "connector"...I was searching for the sensor its self.

So thank you!!! Did some quick on line searching and Rock Auto did have the best deal, and best shipping. I'm about to be on a first name basis with those folks. Got my crash sensor today...didn't need it apparently, but I will keep it handy. Sounds like they go out. Got my 4x4 switch supposed to be here anytime soon. Now this. Already have my brakes figured out to get from them.....

Anyway...that is money! Thanks again!

OP
OP
BugginOut

BugginOut

Reaction score
if you cant repair the connector or find a exact replacement you can just add new tips to the wires, slide them in place on the pins then hot glue it

I have just about destroyed the existing connector trying to get the one pin out that is stuck in there. The WJBurken pointed it out on Rock Auto...see previous response. Now to wait. But yes, if I could have gotten the pin out, I could match it up and then solder them suckers back in there and off to the races. But I wouldn't trust the connectivity now... mangled.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow...Apparently Google ain't your friend after all. I had searched for all different variants of that and got NOTHING. Although, to be fair, I wasn't searching for "connector"...I was searching for the sensor its self.

So thank you!!! Did some quick on line searching and Rock Auto did have the best deal, and best shipping. I'm about to be on a first name basis with those folks. Got my crash sensor today...didn't need it apparently, but I will keep it handy. Sounds like they go out. Got my 4x4 switch supposed to be here anytime soon. Now this. Already have my brakes figured out to get from them.....

Anyway...that is money! Thanks again!
Glad to help. Just gotta know how to talk to Google. Oh, and know that RockAuto is your friend.
0E85C975-8C2B-416F-AD0E-936FBCCB8039.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jterry76