HELP: how do i remove dome light covers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant figure out how to take off the dome light covers every time i try to remove it with a screwdriver i hear the plastic cracking and i don't want to continue if I'm doing this the wrong way. I am trying to install some LED bulbs i got for it so any answer's would be appreciated.

picture.php

ALSO: if you know how to change the rectangle shaped map light covers that would be help full. i just found the thread on the round ones.. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16107

Last edited:

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just take something thin and wedge it in there and pop it out. It's held in by clips. It's not that hard.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they should have a lil slot where u cn put a screw driver in. i took them all off the other day to look at the bulbs

murray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing we have a brand new hoe, I got some LEDs I don't want to break the cover off did you come up with a good tool? Thanks

twopoint

Reaction score
I realise this is a couple of months old
but just in case you run into this, use a small suction cup,
like the end of a nerf dart. push up and turn lightly!

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got on to the forum to ask how to get to the dome light bulbs... What I don't know is if you have to remove the entire domelight assembly from the headliner, or if you just remove the offwhite cover from the center section.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
As sunlitcomet said... remove just the cover to access the bulbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts