Help! how best to use Load Distributing Hitch with Auto Leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John H Daniel

Reaction score
This has probably been discussed, but I couldn't find it. I recently replaced worn shocks and compressor and now the auto leveling works as planned- except the rear is a bit high. Okay not a big deal normally but I'm about to tow a largish trailer and am adding a LDH. The hitch manufacturer says disconnect the auto-leveling. I assume I can do this by pulling the compressor fuse.?
If I do this and level it all out, I'm afraid when re-enabled, the compressor will keep trying to raise the rear.
1. Do I leave ALS compressor disconnected and let the LDH handle the load?
2. Buy a bigger drop hitch and level the trailer and not the truck? I'm still a little concerned about the ALS fighting the LDH
The vehicle is a 2011 Yukon Denali, btw.

I need to figure this out in the next couple of days, so any help will be appreciated

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To determine if the WDH is set up correctly, you need to deflate your air suspension, and then turn it on. If it barely does anything, your set up correctly. If it had to pick up the truck a lot, where the springs and the WDH should be taking the load, then its not balanced correctly.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the short version of how i would do it.

measure something in the rear, with the system on.
disable the system
hook up the trailer and get the truck sitting as close as you can to that ride height
turn system back on

trailer should sit close to level after all said and done.

there may be other ways, and i may be wrong on the procedure, but that is where i would start. the system being on in the end would help with ride and bumps ect but not be taking the whole load and over loading the system. again this is how i would do it. and recommend confirming.

the nice part is once you are set, and if you dont change the configuration much you can make note of how your set and just repeat without having to reset everything every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3