Help 4x4 Problem ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gil99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After diagnosing my problem I replaced the motor on the transfer case the switch on my Dash flashes goes out I can push the button and hear it shifting to a different gear but the lights are out they come on temporarily and then go out completely happy places which three times clean my grounds and check my fuses

Bigbertha78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to high jack the thread, but I too am having a similar issue. 2004 Tahoe Z71 with 162K. No service 4wd message, but I do have a red indicator light for neutral on the 4wd button. Haven't put this truck in 4wd in over 4 years. Would this be a bad switch?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would guess is if the 4wd is functional then it could just be a bad switch, I had to replace mine on my 00 twice just went coocoo, mine would change indicator lights just driving down the road, I could shut it off, hold the button down like 2hi, then start it and it would stay lit in 2hi but then change by itself randomly but it was only changing the light it wasn't actually switching to 4wd or neutral it would just indicate that it was and then wouldn't respond again until you turned the key on/off

OP
OP
G

Gil99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can hear and feel when mine goose into 4x4 but this lights on the switch are out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn